- Written from an international perspective;
- discusses ethics on multiple levels and includes many examples;
- offers students methods to critically assess ethical dilemmas.
Ethics and Business is an introduction to ethics in the context of international business. The book stimulates an open debate on norms and values. Ethics should cross not only the borders of a country, but also the borders of one’s mind. It emphasizes that ethics is not only about harmony, but also about dealing with conflict. In this book, ethics is used to develop an understanding of the complexity of the world and the challenges businesses struggle with on various levels.
Ethics and Business is composed of three parts in which ethics is discussed at different levels. The first part discusses ethics at the level of the individual. The second focusses on ethics and business. In the third part, ethics is viewed in the context of a globalized world.
The accompanying website includes additional essay and multiple-choice questions to help students to test themselves on what they have learned. Lecturers have access to additional diagrams, as well as blogs and videos from the author.
Ethics and Business is especially suitable for the following bachelor’s degree programmes:
- International Business
- International Business and Management
- International Business and Languages
Click here for the whitepaper: "Dillema's rondom zelfdenkende technologie" »
- Bart Wernaart is a law and ethics lecturer for International Business and Management Studies at the Fontys University of Applied Sciences. He earned his Masters degree at Tilburg University and his PhD at Wageningen University. During his PhD-research, he specialized in the enforceability of human rights in the context of developed countries. Wernaart gained international renown with articles on the legal and ethical aspects of international business.
Titel: Ethics and Business Auteur: Bart Wernaart Categorie: Professionele ontwikkeling, Ethiek & filosofie Druk: 1 Prijs: €42,25 Pagina's: 350 Taal: Engels ISBN/EAN: 9789001865184 Verschijningsdatum: 12-12-2018 Status: Leverbaar Type onderwijs: Hoger Onderwijs