Management: An Evidence-Based Approach provides an introduction to the broad field of management and organization. Throughout the book the theory of management is related to everyday situations. Theory is selected on the basis of evidence in managerial practice in strategic, organisational and operational problem-solving. The book consists of five parts and covers the main issues on: Management and Society, Strategic Management, Organizational Design, Organizational Behavior and Operational Planning and Process Control.
This edition is supported by a website: www.management-evidencebasedapproach.noordhoff.nl
- Diagnostic tests with feedback and link to the book
- Flash cards, case studies and exercises for students
- Item bank for teachers
- Lecture sheets and answers for teachers
Looking at leading international companies the book draws on a variety of managerial and organisational models. Contemporary issues covered are: business excellence, sustainability, alliances, off-shoring and in-shoring risk-management, integrity and corporate governance, network organization, diversity management, work engagement, crowd-sourcing and mass customization.
Special features designed to enhance the learning process include:
- a ‘management in action’ case study at the beginning of every chapter
- discussion questions, a research based exercise and case analysis at the end of every chapter demonstrating the practical implications of the concepts presented
- examples, illustrations and brief case studies with a world-wide focus throughout the chapters
This book is also available in Dutch as: Grondslagen van het management.
Titel: Management: An Evidence-Based Approach Auteur: Doede Keuning, Bart Bossink, Brian Tjemkes Categorie: Management: inleidingen Druk: 3 Prijs: €92,95 Pagina's: 652 Taal: Engels ISBN/EAN: 9789001703820 Verschijningsdatum: 02-08-2010 Status: Leverbaar Type onderwijs: Hoger Onderwijs